The Business Services Department of the Moraga School District plays an integral role in the ability of the school district to provide our students with the foundation to reach their highest potential as students and citizens. The department:
- Works collaboratively with the Board, Stakeholders and Leadership Team to develop the operating budget
- Creates effective and efficient processes that allow the District to provide all students with the foundation to reach their highest potential
- Ensures employees are accurately paid and receive district paid benefits
- Ensures that proper internal control processes are followed to safeguard revenues as well as pay district vendors accurately and in a timely manner
- Works with Leadership Team on all Risk Management related issues
Chief Business Official
I am responsible for the organization and administration of all District business and financial affairs. I manage the District’s budget, accounting, risk management, purchasing and payroll operations, as well as the bond program. I participate on the District’s negotiating team and serve on the Parcel Tax Oversight Committee, Citizen’s Bond Oversight Committee and Fiscal Advisory Committee.
My primary responsibility is monitoring and analyzing the revenue and expenses at our three elementary school childcare clubs (Bobcat, Panther and Roadrunner Clubs). This includes preparing all invoices and managing the accounts receivable for the clubs. In addition, I process all purchase orders, budget transfers, and deposits for programs such as: After School Sports, Drama, Debate, Field trips, Music, Science, etc. I also provide assistance to our CBO, Daniela Parasidis, on reimbursements from the California Department of Education and PTA’s.
My primary responsibility is processing the district's weekly Accounts Payable batch. This includes external vendor payments and internal employee reimbursements. I also handle 1099 processing, sales tax reporting and returns, and various government reporting. My duties also include processing county deposits, reconciling our revolving checking account and tracking payments for special education and utilities. Lastly, I assist the CBO in budget development and tracking of bond related expenditures.
My primary mission is to ensure accurate and timely payment of wages to District employees and the payment of all payroll-related obligations. In addition, I manage the District’s benefit program for health, dental, vision and life insurance. I also participate as the District Alternate on the Health Benefits Committee and Schools Self-Insurance of Contra Costa County Board.